520.137 Introduction to Electrical and Computer Engineering
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Johns Hopkins University
- Monday Wednesday Friday, 12:00 - 12:50, Shaffer 101
- Lab sessions: Hackerman 224
- First lecture is on Friday, 09/02/2016, Shaffer 101
- No lecture on Monday, 09/05/2016. Happy Labor Day!
- Exam I: Wed 10/05/2016. In class. One 8.5" x 11" cheat sheet allowed.
- Friday 10/21/2016 Fall Break Day - No Lecture.
This lecture is moved to Thursday 10/20/2016.
- Exam II: Wed 11/02/2016. In class. One 8.5" x 11" cheat sheet allowed.
- Thanksgiving Vacation: Mon 11/21/2016 - Sun 11/27/2016
- Final Design Project: Mon 12/05/2016 - Fri 12/09/2016
- Final Exam: TBA Shaffer 101.
Comprehensive. Three 8.5" x 11" cheat sheets allowed.
- Required Texts
- R. Kuc, The Digital Information Age: An Introduction to Electrical
PWS Publishing Co., 1998. ISBN: 0534953158.
- D. V. Kerns and J. D. Irwin,
Essentials of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Prentice Hall, 2004. ISBN: 0139239707.
- Course Description
- An introductory course covering the principles of electrical
and computer engineering including sinusoidal wave forms, electrical
measurements, digital circuits, and applications of electrical and
computer engineering. Laboratory exercises, the use of computers,
and a design project are included in the course.
Open to freshman Engineering majors and any Arts and Sciences majors.
- Prerequisites: high-school mathematics and physics, Calculus I.
- Corequisites: none.
- Computer Usage: Matlab for data analysis, plotting, and simulations.
- Exam I: 20%
- Exam II: 20%
- Final Exam: 30%
- Laboratory Assignments: 10%
- Homework Assignments: 10%
- Final Project: 10%