520.137 Introduction to Electrical and Computer Engineering
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Johns Hopkins University
- Monday Wednesday Friday, 12:00 - 12:50, Shaffer 304
- Lab sessions: Barton 123
- First two lectures are on Thursday - Friday, 08/30 - 08/31/2018, Shaffer 304. No class on Monday 09/03/2018.
- Exam I on Wed 10/10/2018 in class. ONE 8.5x11" cheat sheet allowed.
- Required Texts
- R. Kuc, The Digital Information Age: An Introduction to Electrical
CL Engineering, 2014. ISBN: 1305077717.
- D. V. Kerns and J. D. Irwin,
Essentials of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Prentice Hall, 2004. ISBN: 0139239707.
- Course Description
- An introductory course covering the principles of electrical
and computer engineering including sinusoidal wave forms, electrical
measurements, digital circuits, and applications of electrical and
computer engineering. Laboratory exercises, the use of computers,
and a design project are included in the course.
Open to freshman Engineering majors and any Arts and Sciences majors.
- Prerequisites: high-school mathematics and physics, Calculus I.
- Corequisites: none.
- Computer Usage: Matlab for data analysis, plotting, and simulations.
- Exam I: 20%
- Exam II: 20%
- Final Exam: 30%
- Laboratory Assignments: 10%
- Homework Assignments: 10%
- Final Project: 10%